2023 Annual Wenatchee Apple Blossom Festival

Photographer: Zenera, Photo Via Wikimedia Commons 16 April 2008

Ellie Prazer, Reporter

Wenatchee’s annual Apple Blossom Festival is around the corner. This event brings the community together with its several exciting and fun events. The activities begin April 27th and last until May 13th. The Apple Blossom Festival consists of many activities. Some of the multiple things to do are going to the parades, the carnival, the car show, the fun run, and the food fair. 

The longest-lasting Apple Blossom Festival event is the food fair. Many local and nonlocal vendors set up a spot at Memorial Park from April 27th to May 7th. They have entertainment during the lunch and dinner hours. Also, there is a craft fair from May 5th through the 7th.

Tamrynn Heimbigner, a senior at Eastmont High School stated, “My favorite thing about Apple Blossom is going to the food fair and getting a Dӧner Haus sandwich.”

Apple Blossom also consists of a pageant that decides the royalty that will reign on the 2023 festival. High school senior girls from Wenatchee and Eastmont have the opportunity to run and they can win scholarships. Our very own Dylan Schmitten was crowned as one of the princesses of the 2023 Apple Blossom Festival. 

Apple Blossom princess Dylan Schmitten said this about what the Wenatchee Apple Blossom Festival means to her: “It means a fun celebration of community and tradition.”

Overall, the Apple Blossom Festival brings together the community and gets everyone involved in activities around the Wenatchee Valley. This event is looked forward to by many community members, especially kids and teenagers. 

Adrianna Klinkenberg, a senior from Eastmont High School, said “I look forward to Apple Blossom each year because it is a fun festival with many activities that my friends and I can attend.”

Go attend the many activities the 2023 Wenatchee Apple Blossom Festival has to offer starting on April 27th!