The Student News Site of Eastmont High School

The Scratching Post

The Scratching Post

The Scratching Post

Your Ad Here
Getting to know Alex Reyna
Elizabeth Reyna, Reporter • April 12, 2024
Getting to know Cayden Suarez
Eduardo Fuentes, Reporter • April 12, 2024

A Senior Send Off

Chrystal Ruiz
2023 Senior Sunrise

For seniors, the last year is special. 12 years (maybe even more if you were held back) of stress and hard work, and then you hit the end and I can imagine that all your memories, good and bad, just come rushing back. You take a minute to look back on all that you’ve accomplished. And that’s where the Senior Sunrise comes in, as a beginning to their last year they start it off watching the sunrise with the friends they’ve made over the years.

To make this event happen, Hardie said, “Our ASB students plan the event.  They send the information out on social media, purchase the donuts and hot chocolate for the morning, make signs, find chaperones, etc.  Sometimes they even plan photo booth activities or swag giveaways.”

For the Senior Sunrise this year they got up at 6:15 am, got donuts from Glaze, along with Red Bulls as something extra, which Senior Class President Chrystal Ruiz provided for the seniors.

Ruiz said, “It was a little complicated finding out which day to do it because I didn’t want people to be mad for waking up too early but also didn’t want to wait until October for the sun to rise around 7:00. But I think we timed it pretty well.”

Some brought games and extra snacks to make it more fun. And because of construction on the football field it was held on the soccer field.

As for the end of the year, the seniors need something to close off their final year. A send off to finally end this chapter of their lives. To have one last memorable day just for themselves. And to spend it with both the old friends they’ve made over the years as well as the new friends they may have found throughout their final year. So, that is where this year’s Senior Sunset takes place.

There is a sunset planned for this year, however, it is not a school sponsored event. For the date there isn’t an exact day set for the sunset though there are thoughts about it being in late May before graduation. Also, it will be held at the river/beach so of course there will be swimming.

Ruiz said, “it is a student-only event so there will be no adult supervision, I am sure you know how that will go down.”