Mr. Scott is Retiring!

Janet Guillen-Talavera, Reporter

Mr. Scott is an Anatomy and AP Biology teacher who is retiring this year after 34 years of teaching at Eastmont. His first day teaching here at Eastmont was January 4th, 1988. He started teaching at the Junior High and moved to the High school in the fall of 1989-90 school year. He has been at Eastmont his entire teaching career. 

When asked what made him want to retire, Mr. Scott said, “I had a plan to retire when I was in my mid to late 50’s so I’m pretty much on track. I didn’t want to become the older teacher who has lost enthusiasm for teaching. I still have fun and laugh with my students everyday but there are so many things that go along with a career in education that take time and energy out of teacher. It is a challenging yet rewarding career.”

The response he gave when asked about his favorite memory from teaching was,“I create the best memories each year when I see my students having fun while they are learning something challenging. While here I’ve worked with some really great people and created strong friendships and that has made my time special.” 

Mr. Scott always makes class fun for his students when learning new topics.

When asked what he is planning to do after retirement, Mr. Scott said, “I’m going to do the things I do now but have more time to do them. I typically have more things in my head that I want to do than time to do them. I like construction projects, remodeling, woodworking, furniture making, landscaping, gardening just to name a few. I hope I can spend more time taking photos, fishing, snow ski during the winter weekdays, bike and spend vacation time with my wife, family, and friends”