The Student News Site of Eastmont High School

The Scratching Post

The Scratching Post

The Scratching Post

Your Ad Here
Getting to know Alex Reyna
Elizabeth Reyna, Reporter • April 12, 2024
Getting to know Cayden Suarez
Eduardo Fuentes, Reporter • April 12, 2024

“Forgotten” 2017 Movie Review

Actor Kang Ha-Neul plays the main character Jin-Seok

Picture via Wikimedia Commons
Yoon Min-hoo
Actor Kang Ha-Neul plays the main character Jin-Seok Picture via Wikimedia Commons

“Forgotten” is a South Korean film written and directed by Jang Hang-jun. The film was released in 2017 in South Korea and was later released in the U.S in February 2018. 

This film surrounds a character named Jin-Seok and his small family of four that moves into a new house in 1977. Everything was pretty normal, though after only a couple days of living in that house Jin-Seok’s brother (Yoo-Seok) was kidnapped on the street and shoved into a van.

Kim Mu-yeol plays the brother Yoo-Seok
Picture via Wikimedia Commons (Marie Claire Korea)

After 19 frantic days of the family searching for Yoo-Seok he reappears out of the blue with no recollection of what happened during the time he was abducted. Yoo-Seok seems different to Jin-Seok as if he was a different person now. With this suspicion arousing in Jin-Seok he decided to look for the truth behind the bizarre kidnapping of his brother revealing mind bending truths. 

This film is an excellent choice for those who like psychological thriller and mystery themed movies. It is currently streaming on Netflix with a runtime of 1 hour and 48 minutes.

This movie is rated TV-MA and contains violence, murder, and suicide. Personally, I believe that this movie can be viewed by those ages 16 and up. 

Overall “Forgotten” is a great must watch thriller movie.