The Student News Site of Eastmont High School

The Scratching Post

The Scratching Post

The Scratching Post

Your Ad Here
Getting to know Alex Reyna
Elizabeth Reyna, Reporter • April 12, 2024
Getting to know Cayden Suarez
Eduardo Fuentes, Reporter • April 12, 2024

Skiing/Snowboarding at Mission Ridge 

Wyatt Hansen
Marcelo Armstrong after his ski had fallen off chair 2

Recently, we had our first major snowfall in the Wenatchee Valley. To be expected, the ski resort was packed with people excited to get back on their skis or snowboards and enjoy the outdoors.

This past weekend I interviewed some of our students I had run into at Mission Ridge.

My first conversation was with Sophomore Marcelo Armstrong who had been trying skiing for the first time.

Armstrong stated “I had a lot of fun, especially because I was with the boys. First run was a little rough though ”

I myself was able to try snowboarding for the first time, since I have been a skier my whole life it was good to try something new. Mission Ridge was a super good environment for me to learn and it was fun too. 

I then talked to Junior Jacob Harasek who has been skiing since he was 4 years old. Jacob stated “It was exciting and funny at the same time to watch everyone try new things. The snow conditions were solid, just a little bit chilly.”

Everyone seemed to have good things to say for the most part although Junior Dylan Crossley did state, “It was good until my friend Jordan Bashim decided to be a little bit too devious.”

After I inquired about the situation, he gave no comment.

I wrapped up my interviews with Colton Christopher (Junior) and Dominic Deery (Junior).

Deery stated “I had an awesome time, the boys were humming and yeah.”

Christopher gave us a short quote regarding everyone’s health and wellness  saying “Stay safe out there”.

Overall I believe everyone had a good experience this past weekend, and hopefully the weekends get better throughout the winter.

In the words of Christopher, “Stay safe out there.”